Shady Lane is hiring!
If you are a passionate early learning professional, we would love for you to join our amazing team! We offer great benefits and a minimum of $14 per hour. Click here to apply now on Indeed, or review the featured job description below.
Assistant Director of School Operations and Programming | Full-Time
This full-time position assists the Director of Education Programs to develop, implement, and manage high-quality programming and educational experiences for the over 135 children annually who attend Shady Lane School, their families, and 37 staff members. This position will work in all areas, including providing support to school management, maintaining records in accordance with accrediting bodies, assisting in managing school enrollment and its processes, managing the ProCare database, interacting with families to ensure paperwork is collected on time, providing coverage in classrooms, and providing the school's scheduling function.
Shady Lane School is DHS licensed, NAEYC accredited, and PA Keystone Stars 4A rated.
Key Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Promoting an atmosphere of partnership between family members, children, and staff.
- Greet all family members by name.
- Provide current and prospective parents with information as needed.
- Work with the Director to lead, evaluate, and coach teaching staff both in and outside the classroom.
- Managing routine administrative functions.
- Manage child records in the ProCare database.
- Ensure filing for all child files is accurate and timely.
- Work with Director to manage enrollment function.
- Working with Director to ensure all regulatory body requirements are met.
- Manage file reviews and site inspection preparations in advance of annual DHS licensing inspection.
- Oversee and ensure continuous compliance with DHS regulations.
- Observe and cover in classrooms when needed.
- Managing the processes involved in annual school schedule.
- Managing the daily school schedule for teaching staff.
- Create and manage weekly schedule.
- Schedule coverage for Social Emotional Learning Partnership meetings and other meetings.
- Determine staffing needs and communicate needs to Director.
- Work with accounting coordinator to manage timecards for payroll.
- Communicate with Director regarding staff scheduled for PTO each week.
- Managing enrollment process from initial application, tours, and final paperwork.
- Managing Pre-K Counts reporting on attendance and programming.
- Managing the Parent Teacher Organization recruitment and activity.
- Meeting with the Director weekly for one-on-one meetings.
- Assisting the Director by providing day-to-day leadership and management of the program and assumes responsibility as the acting Director when the Director is not present.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Prior experience with early childhood curriculum planning, staff training, and supervision and parent support.
- Experience as an early childhood coordinator or administrator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- The Assistant Director shall have one of the following combinations of education & experience and be able to satisfy the requirements for NAEYC for a Program Administrator and Keystone STARS for a Director:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field, plus 1 year of experience with children; or
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field, plus 2 years of experience with children.
- All required CPSL Clearances.
- Current First Aid and CPR training.
- Health Assessment and TB screening.
Compensation: $45,000-$50,000 based on experience.