Shady Lane is hiring!
If you are a passionate early learning professional, we would love for you to join our amazing team! We offer great benefits and a minimum of $14 per hour. Click here to apply now on Indeed, or review the featured job description below.
Educator | Full-Time
The Educator is responsible for working in an infant through pre-K classroom to implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum that the classroom has set forth and designed to meet the needs of children and their families based upon the mission and philosophy of Shady Lane School. Shady Lane Educators focus on social emotional learning, they regularly discuss teaching practice with peers and experts in the field, they play with children, and they focus on leading child center classrooms. Shady Lane Educators are passionate about early childhood education!
Shady Lane School is DHS licensed, NAEYC accredited, and PA Keystone Stars 4A rated.
- Always ensure the safety of all children in your care.
- Ensure that transitions are managed effectively.
- Ensure that all information relating to children and families is kept confidential.
- Participate in professional growth activities to fulfill requirements of Shady Lane School administration.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service days and conferences. .
- Support and participate in school-wide initiatives, including those sponsored by the PTO.
- Work with other teacher(s) in the classroom to implement classroom curriculum to stimulate the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical growth of the children in your care.
- Ensure that Shady Lane's social emotional curriculum is being implemented.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all children and families.
- Maintain a clean and developmentally appropriate classroom environment and ensure that the room arrangement follows the requirements for a STAR 4A classroom.
- Support teaching teams as needed or requested with daily activities as set forth by the Lead Teacher.
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Maintain health requirements every two years.
- Update your Act 33/34 clearances every five years.
- Ensure you are following the professional development requirements of your position.
- Participate in two outside professional development activities annually.
- CDA or BA/BS in ECE, Child Development, Art or related field
- Current state and federal clearances.
- Current First Aid and CPR training.
- Pre-employment physical and TB screening.
- A passion for early learning including working with children, staff, and families.
- A passion for play-based early education.
- A firm understanding of social emotional development.